OptiMate ™5 Battery Charger
OptiMate™5, the all-in-one tool for 12V battery care at home.
Diagnoses, recovers, charges, tests and optimally maintains, automatically. OptiMate 5 retains all the
fully automatic, 100% safe, easy-to-use characteristics, of the 1,5 million OptiMates
produced since 1995, but adds a powerful 2,8 Amp output to take care of larger
Forgot your battery throughout the winter? OptiMate 5 will recover it from deep
discharge and optimally recharge it. Then it will check that the charge delivered is the
best possible before then checking how well the battery can retain the charge. And tell
you its status, at a glance. Of course, it will then maintain your battery at full charge
safely for months at a time. And prolong its life by up to 400%. Reducing waste,
for a better environment. No wonder 10 major constructors recommend OptiMate.
OptiMate 5. Battery performance guaranteed !
How it works
1. Safety check: OptiMate 5 must be connected to a battery (retaining minimum 2V) to activate its output.
2. Desulphation and recovery: if due to sulphation the battery’s resistance is abnormally high, a voltage of up to 20V is automatically applied to overcome this so as to recover very flat or neglected batteries until they are able to acceptthe normal charge program.
3. Bulk charge: a constant current of 2.8A efficiently brings the battery close to full charge.
4. Charge verification: as soon as the rising resistance causes the charge voltage to reach 14,3V, the voltage is limited at 13,6V for 30 minutes while the circuit monitors the actual voltage and the current absorbed by the battery. If within 30 minutes the automatic circuit judges that the achieved charge is less than optimal, the program reverts to bulk charge and the process repeats.
5. Charge retention test: when the monitored parameters confi rm that an optimal charge has been achieved, the first check for battery (and connected system) power leakage commences. Depending on the voltage retained during 30 minutes, an “OK” (green LED) or “not OK” (red LED test result is displayed. These 30 minute test periods repeat hourly until the OptiMate 5 is disconnected, so that the battery status indication is continually updated.
6. Charge maintenance: during alternate 30 minute periods, at a fl oat limit of 13,6V the battery is offered charge current (up to the maximum) it needs to sustain it against any small connected loads or power leakage and against natural self-discharge. OptiMate 5 can stay connected to the battery indefi nitely, the battery will stay cool and safe. And optimally charged. Of course.
Recommended for AGM/MF, Standard, GEL and spiral cell batteries
from 7,5Ah to 120Ah rated capacity
5 stages, fully automatic
Input current max. 0,90A @ 100-240V
Typical annual energy cost ± €1 (continuous maintenance)
Reverse drain current less than 0,5mA
Output current (bulk charge) 2,8A
Automatic desulphation yes
Charge time limit Safe to leave connected for months
Maintain / test cycles 30 min/30 min (alternating hourly)
Charge retention test monitors during 30min., no charge intervals
Size 190 x 75 x 56mm
Weight (packaging) 0,6 kg (0,9 kg)
Enclosure classifi cation IP54
Mounting easy direct wall mounting
Input cable length 2m
Output cable length 2m
Included Accessories SAE-71 fused eyelet set, weather protected
SAE-74 clamps set for bench charging
Operation temperature range -20°C / +40°C
Warranty 3 years